Adding your title(s) to PW Announcements is a simple process:
- Login to Edelweiss via the PW Announcements link: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/PW/
- If you have not yet registered for Edelweiss, just complete the short registration form and then wait to receive an email confirmation stating that you may login and start adding PW Announcement title entries. Note: This may take up to one full business day but is more likely to take just a couple of hours.
- Once you've logged into the PW Announcement page of Edelweiss, select your PRIMARY DISTRIBUTOR. This should be your exclusive distributor, if you have one. If you don't, then just select your Publisher name from the list. If you have never loaded PW Seasonal Announcements via this process, you may need to click the Create New link and add your Publisher name to our list. Then click Assign.
- Identify which Publisher you're creating a title list for by either selecting your publisher name from the dropdown list or adding it if it doesn't appear in this list. If you plan on creating more than one title list for this particular publisher, or if you work for a large publishing house that will have multiple publicists loading titles via this process, feel free to enter a Descriptive Name to apply to this title list. Typically, this is an Imprint or Division Name, e.g. Random House Children's. It's fine if the Descriptive Name is the same as the Publisher Name. Then click Create Submission.
- Add your ISBNs
- Edit or supplement your title information to take full advantage of Edelweiss features: add a PW Pitch, which is a short title summary or keynote; or post images, marketing/publicity plans, an author bio, etc. Make sure that all required title attributes are supplied for each title to ensure that your titles make it to the next stage: PW Editorial Review.
That's it! But please read on for more details about each of these steps.
1) Login to Edelweiss via the PW Announcements link.
- If you're not already registered for Edelweiss, you'll need to complete our short registration form.
- It may take our Customer Service team here at Above the Treeline up to one full business day to process your registration.
- Watch your InBox (and junk/spam folder, just in case) for an email confirming that your registration has been processed. Once you receive this, you may log into the PW Announcements link and begin loading your titles.
- If you are registered for Edelweiss but don't remember your login details, click on the Forgot Password link to be prompted to re-set your password
(Click on any image below to zoom in.)
2) Select Your Primary Distributor
Select your primary, exclusive distributor from the dropdown list of companies. If your publishing company acts as your own primary distributor, other than a wholesaler such as Ingram or Baker & Taylor, choose it. If you are new to the PW Seasonal Announcements process, you may need to click the Create New link and manually enter your company name to our list. Then click Assign to move to the next step.
If your distribution is primarily handled by a large publisher, such as Random House or HarperCollins, or an exclusive distribution company like Ingram Publishing Services or Independent Publishers Group, please select that company here.
Do not enter the name of a wholesaler, e.g. Ingram or Baker & Taylor, unless it serves as your only distributor and you'd prefer to see your titles appear under that Distributor rather than your own Publisher name in the final PW Seasonal Announcements listings.
3) Select Your Publisher Name
Either select your publisher name from the dropdown list or add it if it doesn't appear in this list. If you plan on creating more than one title list for this particular publisher, particularly if you work for a large publishing house that will have multiple publicists loading titles via this process, feel free to enter a unique Descriptive Name to apply to this particular title list. Typically, this is an Imprint or Division Name, e.g. Random House Children's. It's fine if the Descriptive Name is the same as the Publisher Name. Then click Create Submission.
4) Enter your ISBNs
Once you click Create Submission, you'll be on the screen where you can actually add and edit your titles. The specific submission list you're currently working with appears at the top of the screen.
After pasting in your list of ISBNs in the blue Add Titles box and clicking Submit, what title information we can pull will then appear in the center of this screen. If you are not a current Edelweiss or NAIPR subscriber, we will pull whatever basic title information is available from Ingram's database. If no information is available, your title will appear like the Unknown Title example shown below. NOTE: If you submit more than a few titles, it may take a few moments (or minutes) to pull in your title details. PLEASE BE PATIENT!
You can come back to this screen and add more titles if you need to before the deadline.
5) Supplement or edit your title information
From this main title listing page, you have access to adding an optional, maximum 300 character PW Pitch, which is the KeyNote or short summary that will appear in the official PW Announcements compendium, for that title.
Just click on the PW Pitch link to access that text box.
If you are pasting in text, be sure to remove all formatting first, so that you are pasting in plain text.
Feel free to use any of the style editor options in this window to bold, italicize, or underline any text, or create a bulleted or numbered list.
Just beware of the 300 character limit, which counts spaces and some hypertext formatting! (The number of characters still available will appear immediately below the text box.) If you go over 300, you'll see how many characters you're running over 300; you'll also receive a warning that your pitch will be truncated upon saving.
Speaking of which....don't forget to click Save before you close this window.
To edit anything else about the title, click on the Edit Title Info button to the right of each title.
This opens the Add/Edit Title Information window, where you'll see a number of tabs to address different kinds of title attributes. For PW Announcements, you'll want to concentrate on the first three tabs: General, Contributors, and Images, though feel free to supplement your title with other descriptions and relevant links, if you wish. Just be aware that not all of your extra content will appear in the final PW Announcements print edition.
Click on the General tab to edit or add basic title details, including the format and the BISAC (Industry Standard) Category Code, which is the Subject:
For Formats and BISAC Codes, use the dropdown arrows or Lookup link to find the appropriate value for your title.
Required Title Details: Title, Subtitle (if available), ISBN, Imprint, Publication Date or On Sale Date, BISAC Category/Subject Area, US List Price, Format, Number of Pages, First Announced Printing, especially if 25,000 or more.
- Eligible Adult Formats are hardcover, (trade) paperback, and e-book. Original titles only; no reprints
- Also required for Children's (Juvenile Fiction and Nonfiction) titles: Series and Age Range, which is at the very bottom of the General tab; you may need to scroll down to access it:
Tips for listing Children's titles:
- Be sure to select a Juvenile Fiction or Juvenile NonFiction BISAC code
- Only these Formats are eligible for inclusion in PW's Children's Announcements: hardcover, paperback, board book, novelty book, spiral bound, or kit
- If your title is part of a series, in the Title field, please list the series name followed by the individual title for this book
- Identify an Age Range rather than a Grade Range
- Identify the proper Contributor/Author Description or Type, e.g. Illustrator vs. Author on the Contributors tab
All of these title details can be added or updated on the General Add/Edit Title Information tab.
Optional but Strongly Preferred:
- On the General tab: Series
- On the Contributors tab: Author, Editor, Illustrator, and/or Photographer (if applicable); first and last names
- On the Images tab: jacket cover
- On the Descriptions tab: Overview, which is essentially the long summary, Contributor Bio, KeyNote, which is a short description/summary and essentially the same as the PW Pitch, which can be accessed on the main title entry screen. In addition, please note any one-day laydowns for your titles in the Marketing Plans description.
- On the Subrights or Sales Rights tabs: feel free to note your rights sold and rights available. This will facilitate transfer into PubMatch.com.
Be sure to click Save before closing this window or moving to another tab!
More Detail on Loading Cover Images
Supported Formats: PNG, JPG, or GIF (in that order of preference). We do not accept PDF files through this upload process
Size: preferred size is 1000px width. This is the largest size we will display.
Resolution: preferred resolution is 72 dpi. This is the highest definition we will display.
To upload a cover image, or an author photo or interior illustrations, click on the Images tab.
1) Select the type of image you want to upload,
2) Click Browse to search your computer folders for the image file, e.g. a .jpg, .png, or .gif,
3) Select/Open it from your Browser, and
4) Click Upload.
5) If successful, it will eventually appear in the center of this window.
More Detail on Title Descriptions
You may also want to add extra descriptive content for your title(s), which will appear when an Edelweiss reader clicks the Show Content link on the list view, but will NOT appear in the print version of PW Announcementes.
Go to the Descriptions tab and 1) Select the type of Description you want to enter, 2) Type or paste in the text in the center text box and use the formatting tools available immediately above this box, and 3) Click Save before moving on to any other tab or Descriptions section. 4) You will receive notification when your description has been saved.
Note that your PW Pitch will appear on this tab as the KeyNote. You can edit the PW Pitch from either spot.
Edelweiss Publishers: We will use the first 300 characters of your current/exiting Keynote for your PW Pitch if you don't supply a unique PW Pitch through this process.
If you decide to delete a title from this PW Announcement, simply click on the Remove Title link on the right side of the main title listing screen
Your title listing will be available thru this PW link until the official submissions deadline. After which, no further editing will be allowed, unless you are an Edelweiss publisher subscriber.
All titles and their PW Pitches will be subject to PW review for concision, completeness and appropriateness for the Fall PW Announcements.
Please note our Troubleshooting Help article here.
If you have any questions as you manage your titles, please contact Above the Treeline Support at email@example.com.
A Bit of Fine Print: This process is exclusively for PW’s Fall or Spring Announcments issues. These titles will not be available for viewing directly within Edelweiss, unless they also appear in a subscribing Edelweiss publishers' catalog. They will be part of an online digital companion catalog, and select titles will also appear in their print version. Contact PW for specifics on when both catalogs will be available.
If you are interested in subscribing to Edelweiss so that our thousands of registered booksellers, librarians, bloggers, and other industry professionals have access to your titles, please contact Sales@abovethetreeline.com for costing information and/or a publisher demo.